Financial Capability Team Leader
Alice Springs, NT
- Advance your career with a dedicated team that’s improving overall wellbeing & financial independence, empowering some of the most remote communities in Australia
- Enjoy ongoing training & fantastic support to grow your leadership skills, as part of a passionate not-for-profit organisation!
- Attractive salary circa $83,780 - $87,694 PLUS super, salary sacrificing, relocation assistance & more!
About MoneyMob Talkabout
MoneyMob Talkabout is a not-for-profit organisation delivering a range of financial and community support programs with and for people in remote Indigenous communities.
Their Money Hub in the APY Lands, which has operated since 2012, provides a one-stop shop for local community members to interact with the broader economy in a safe and supportive environment. Teams also visit other communities in South Australia from Pipalyatjarra to Indulkana providing services on an outreach basis.
About the Opportunity
MoneyMob Talkabout is currently looking for full-time Team Leader to join their Financial Capability Team on a fixed term contract until June 2021, with extension subject to funding. Based from Alice Springs, NT, you will be travelling to various communities within the APY Lands, doing outreach approximately 2 weeks each month.
Reporting to the Community Service and Practice Manager, you will be leading the Financial Capability team and providing hands-on case management services, assisting clients to address financial issues and undertake basic financial tasks, with an emphasis on teaching them the skills to become self-reliant.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing appropriate case plans, advocating/negotiating solutions and referring clients where necessary, to assist them in moving to a move resilient financial position;
- Developing and delivering community education and information sessions on a range of financial management topics;
- Supporting the development of MoneyMob’s in-house training programs, identifying any gaps and ensuring information is current;
- Leading the recruitment, training, supervision, and support of MoneyMob’s financial capability team; and
- Overseeing the Project Officer and casual project staff for MoneyMob's new Whitegoods for Wellness project, which aims to assist households to purchase a fridge and/or washing machine through a subsidised NILS loan.
For more information about the role, MoneyMob, and the whitegoods project, please click here to view the full position description.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Carolyn Cartwright - Managing Director on (08) 8953 2410.
MoneyMob is looking for someone with a demonstrated background in financial counselling or capability work and a relevant qualification in one of these areas.
Well-organised, with great time management skills, you’ll be able to plan and deliver your own work whilst monitoring your team, providing guidance or support wherever necessary. Previous experience in a leadership role would be highly regarded but isn't essential, with MoneyMob committed to supporting your ongoing growth in this area.
You will need to be resilient and highly flexible, capable of building connections and support networks to cope with the sense of loneliness that can occur when working in remote locations. You’ll be comfortable handling unexpected developments or potential environmental challenges, such as dust, dirt or animals, as you support individuals in sometimes extreme or confronting conditions.
Finally, you will be genuinely passionate about achieving positive outcomes for your clients. Highly empathetic and culturally competent; you’ll understand the needs and concerns of community members, and have the strong interpersonal skills needed to build effective relationships with a variety of key stakeholders.
Please Note: You will need to hold a current Driver's Licence and be comfortable driving 4WD vehicles on remote roads, sometimes independently. Employment will also be subject to a National Police Clearance and Working with Children check.
About the Benefits
This is an incredible opportunity to bring your financial skills to a driven not-for-profit organisation supporting some of the most remote communities in Australia.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration circa $83,780 to $87,694 (negotiable based on your skills and experience) plus super and salary sacrificing options to increase your take-home pay.
You'll also enjoy a GREAT range of additional benefits including:
- Relocation Assistance;
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- 5 days mandated annual breaks;
- $500 annual wellbeing payment; and
- External professional supervision and support as needed.
You will be welcomed into a friendly and passionate team, with comprehensive training and support from colleagues and management. A work vehicle will be provided for any necessary travel, and accommodation will be covered for any periods away from Alice Springs.
Interested in growing your skills whilst making a positive community impact, in a key leadership role with a supportive not-for-profit organisation? - Apply Now!
MoneyMob Talkabout is actively committed to being an Aboriginal run and led service, as such they strongly encourage experienced and qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People to apply for this position.